Roadside inspections are a necessary part of trucking. Sooner or later every truck is pulled in for an inspection. Proactively communicating with enforcement can benefit your fleet. In most cases officers will make a genuine effort to educate and work with carriers to improve highway safety. Steve Vaughn, the head of field operations for PrePass Safety Alliance and a former chief of enforcement for the California Highway Patrol, will explain how and why former a better relationship with law enforcement can help you not only improve your truck fleet’s safety scores but also reduce inspection delays.
- Why first impressions matter so much to law enforcement.
- How your federal safety scores play into the likelihood of an inspection.
- Ways to avoid violations and out of service orders.
- Where you can find resources for new training ideas.
- How to use data to analyze safety performance.